Friday 22 January 2016

"We love because it's the only true adventure..."


 
 
This is the last night in this bed under swallows and roses. The last night with sighing pines behind glass. The last time I will hear the neighbour's children cry, and the last I will bend my spine to fit the shape I have hollowed in this space.

From tomorrow, I live in a city again. And not alone. My breath won't sit in my lungs just now - how it rises, and rises, like the sun in the morning, like bubbles climbing the sides of a flute of champagne.

How words can soften and shuffle. How meanings can shift. How home can be walls in one moment, him the next. Two minty mouths in the bathroom mirror. Four lungs breathing the same sweet room.



4 comments:

  1. "two minty mouths" i love that. you sound happy. hoping you write more about this newness of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been away from here for too long. I miss this space. Thank you, as always, for reading, and leaving such lovely wordprints here. And I hope that all is good in your world xxx

      Delete